for COVID-19 planning
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is disrupting the way people live and work globally. Many organizations are enacting remote working directives to ensure the safety and well-being of employees. To feel prepared, organizations may want to review existing remote working programs or accelerate the development of new programs and strategies that can enable employees to work productively during the disruption.
Corporate real estate leaders can use these questions to assess their readiness to address potential workplace challenges and help identify areas of focus for their preparedness efforts.
Key questions to ask for workplace continuity readiness:
- How do we prepare for the possibility of a coronavirus outbreak in our workplace?
- How do we enable business operations if many of our people are sick and unable to work?
- What if our employees are unable to commute to our corporate offices for six months or longer?
- How can we continue to operate effectively if employees have to work remotely for a prolonged period of time?
- Do we have the right resources in place to execute critical business and operational functions?
- What plans are in place to mitigate the risk of a prolonged coronavirus outbreak?
- What happens if the performance of our business is severely impacted by the coronavirus outbreak?
- Have we developed critical planning and communications protocols?
- What resources are available to help mitigate workforce/workplace risks?
- What resources are required to resume normal business operations after a major disruption to business, such as a major viral outbreak or pandemic?
DISCLAIMER: JLL and our staff are not authorized or qualified to guide or influence you in the preparation of your own business continuity or preparations plans from a health and public policy perspective. While we are making efforts to ensure we are providing an up-to-date list of publicly available resources, all details on COVID-19, as well as health and public policy implications, should be addressed with the advice of an independent specialist.